I honestly think I could eat mexican food everyday, it is my favorite! And I love making these Chicken Fajita Quesadillas. They are quick, cheesy, filling and crowd pleasing! You could easily cut these smaller and serve as appetizers but I like to cut them in wedges and serve with a little sour cream, some pintos and rice and it is an amazing dinner! Now if I didn’t have the picky eater to please I would throw in a can of corn and black beans but that might cause a riot in my house, so I leave them out.
These quesadillas are the perfect mix of caramelized onions and peppers, taco seasoned grilled chicken and a melty mix of colby and pepperjack cheese that adds just the perfect hint of spice.
These are certainly kid friendly, my picky eaters love them but if your kids don’t go for the peppers and onions you can make theirs with just the chicken and cheese, however, these quesadillas are the perfect vehicle for sneaking some veggies into your kids. You could easily hide some broccoli in there ;)
So I hope you try these soon! I promise they are to die for!!
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Onion diced
- Green Bell Pepper diced
- Envelope of taco seasoning (or your own mix)
- Flour tortillas
- 8 oz block pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 8oz block colby jack cheese shredded
- Cooking spray
- Dice veggies and saute in large skillet till caramelized.
- Meanwhile sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken breasts and grill till cooked through (could also bake or saute in pan, whichever works best for ya)
- Dice chicken into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Remove veggies from skillet place in bowl with chicken and lightly toss.
- Shred and toss both cheese together.
- Wipe skillet out and spray with a little cooking spray.
- Put skillet on med-med-high.
- Place a tortilla down in pan.
- Sprinkle some of the cheese mixture on the tortilla.
- Place some of the chicken/veggie mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top of that.
- Top the whole thing with another tortilla and give the top of the tortilla a spray with the cooking spray.
- Check bottom of quesadillas and flip when brown.
- Remove quesadillas from pan when other side is brown.
- Let cool slightly and cut into four wedges with a pizza cutter.
- Serve with sour cream.