Hi everyone!! I would love to introduce you to one of my lovely contributors! Jessica from Army Wife To Suburban Life. She has a great blog, is an amazing cook and I am so happy to have her here posting some of her amazing recipes! I know you guys will love her too so check her out here —->
Japanese Pickled Beets
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 umeboshi plums
- 5 medium boiled beets, peeled and julienned
- In a medium bowl add the beets and rice wine vinegar.
- Mince the umeboshi plums and add them to the bowl.
- Let the beets pickle for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve alongside your favorite Asian dish as a refreshing side.
For an easy lunch I sauteed kale in sesame oil, cut pickled radishes into matchsticks, and placed some kimchi over rice. Dottie makes little sandwiches out of seaweed, rice, and the mild radish pickle. The beets would have been a great addition. To learn more about making authentic and simple Asian food click over to Army Wife to Suburban Life. For more recipes follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin‘, and Pinterest.
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!