Hey ya’ll! It’s Christmas time!! I really love all the holiday entertaining and baking, it is my favorite time of year!! I host Christmas Eve at my house and I love to have platters of little different desserts instead of one or two big desserts.
I have a few go tos that I use every year but I also like to spice things up and make one or two new things each year. This year I decided to make some Loaded Christmas Brownies which make the perfect easy dessert for a holiday party, Christmas dinner or just to give to friends and family as a fabulously, festive, delicious dessert.
Of course being nine months pregnant I take all the help in the kitchen I can that is why I love these brownies! A rich brownie mix is layered with red holiday Oreos and green mint Oreos then after baked they are slathered in cream cheese butter cream with a sprinkling of holiday candy.
You just alternate red and green Oreos ontop of some store bought brownie mix…
Then cover with the rest of the batter.
Now bake and cool.
Next whip up some delicious cream cheese buttercream.
Decorate with sprinkles and M&Ms.
Cut into squares and serve!
These are truly delicious, simple and everyone loves them! I cut them into little squares when I serve them up on Christmas Eve or package them to give as gifts. Who wouldn’t want to receive a batch of these?!
- Family sized brownie mix
- Mint Oreos
- Red Christmas Oreos
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- Holiday M&Ms
- Mix the brownie mix according to box directions and pour half of it in a greased 8x8 or slightly larger baking dish (I have between 8x8 and 9x13)
- Next alternate the mint and red oreos.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the oreos and bake according to box direction until cooked through.
- While cooling in your stand mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in the powdered sugar and whip until creamy. You can add a little cream if you need to thin it out.
- Now spread the frosting on the brownies and sprinkle with sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Cut into squares and serve!
So this Christmas look like an elf in the kitchen and make a little magic with these Loaded Christmas Brownies!