Hey yall! Fall is right around the corner!! As if you couldn’t tell by the Fall and Halloween stuff already in stores lol.
Fall is my absolute favorite season, I’m like obsessed! I rush Summer out just to get to Fall faster. The crisp cool air, the crunchy leaves, the sweaters and boots and quilts!! And the food, oh the food. Everything in fall seems to be slow cooked, hearty comforting, and desserts seem to be rich and covered in caramel.
In my effort to bring Fall to my home faster I whipped up this Caramel Apple Bubble Up Bake and man oh man is it Fall in a pan! (hey that rhymed lol)
I love apple pie, I mean what is better than warm spiced apples in a flaky crust all topped with a melty scoop of vanilla ice cream? Oh I know top it with some caramel, then you have dessert heaven!
Now while there is nothing more traditional than apple pie, I wanted to take it to a different level, something easier than rolling out pie crust. There are so many apple crumbles, and cobblers and I still wanted something a little different. So that is how this Caramel Apple Bubble Up Bake was born!
It could’t be simpler. Apples are diced and stewed with brown sugar, lemon and a bit of cornstarch and then tossed with cut up Grands Cinnamon Rolls and drizzles of caramel. That’s all there is to it!! Then you just bake that for a bit while your house fills with the aroma of baking apples and warm cinnamoniness!
When it comes out the oven topped that deliciousness with a scoop of vanilla, more caramel and your are in fall comfort heaven!
I love this dessert because it is so simple to make yet everyone loves it. You can entertain with it or it makes a quick weeknight treat.
So invoke some fall flavor into your home tonight and whip up a pan of this Caramel Apple Bubble Up Bake!
- 3 pounds of apples peeled, diced
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- Jarred caramel sauce.
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Toss the diced apples with the lemon juice and add to pan.
- Add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and water.
- Let apples stew and cook until tender.
- Mix the cornstarch with 4 tablespoons cold water and stir into apples.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut up the Grands Cinnamon Rolls into 8 pieces each.
- Layer in greased 9x13 pan.
- Pour apples over rolls.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- While warm drizzle caramel sauce all over top.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!