Woo week two of our Copycat Series and I have an awesome one for you this week . We have all been there before, it’s Sunday and you want some Chick-Fil-a but it is closed and there is no satisfying that craving for their yummy chicken and perfect waffle fries. Until now!
These things are essential in making your nuggets taste authentic. The chicken needs to marinate in the pickle juice/milk mixture for about 30 minutes to an hour before cooking to provide the perfect nugget. The crackers get pulverized and mixed with the powdered sugar and a few other ingredients to make an amazing breading.Finally they take a little fry in some peanut oil which is the final piece to the recipe. Throw some frozen waffles fries in the oil and you have an amazing meal you wont believe didn’t come from the drive-thru.
So next time you have a serious Chick-fil-a craving just whip up a batch of these little nuggets and you are set!
Craving a juicy chicken sandwich instead? Just follow the same directions using a breast instead!
- 4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup pickle juice
- 1 sleeve crackers (saltines, townhouse, ritz, any is fine)
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1½ t paprika
- 1½ t pepper
- 2 t salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- peanut oil for frying (for those with nut allergies use your regular oil, it will still be delicious!)
- Mix the milk and pickle juice and add the cut up chicken pieces to it and let sit 30 mins to an hour.
- In a food processor add the cracker, breadcrumbs, paprika, pepper, salt and powdered sugar and pulse till fine.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture.
- Pour enough peanut oil in your pan that it will cover the nuggets and let it get hot.
- When oil is hot enough drop in the nuggets and let them fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve!!
- For a true Chick-fil-a meal drop some frozen waffle fries in the oil and cook till done.
Want another Copycat Recipe? Check out Dana’s Copycat Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenderloins. Yum!
Want more Copycat Recipes? Check out the rest of the series!
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!