Yay!! Christmas is getting closer and closer, I love it! Dana and I are here to help you with new recipe ideas for the holiday season. Now on Christmas Day we have the usual turkey, ham and all the trimmings but for Christmas Eve we decided to change it up a bit and have lasagna. It feeds a lot of people and really who doesn’t love lasagna? So it is a real crowd pleaser. Since you can assemble it even the night before it makes the hectic Christmas Eve go a lot more smoothly.
This is my go to lasagna recipe, very simple, very classic, we jazz it up a little bit by adding in some Italian sausage. To make it more festive I put a Christmas Tree pattern on it made from bell peppers. I made the tree limbs out of green bell pepper slices, and decorated with chopped red and yellow pepper, the tree trunk is bit of red pepper and a (poorly shaped lol) star out of the yellow bell pepper.
I use no boil noodles and get this put together in no time. I pop it in the fridge and it is ready to go the next day for Christmas Eve dinner. A basket of garlic bread and a huge salad and Christmas Eve dinner is done!
So take it easy this Christmas Eve and make this awesome Christmas Lasagna! Don’t forget to leave some for Santa!! ;)
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 4-5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 32 oz ricotta
- 1 package no boil noodles
- Brown and drain the sausage and hamburger together.
- Add sausage and hamburger to large bowl and pour in the two jars of sauce.
- In separate bowl mix the ricotta, 2 eggs and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Place noodles on top of sauce.
- Spread ⅓ of the cheese mixture on the noodles.
- Sprinkle with a little more shredded mozzarella.
- Top with more sauce.
- Do another layer of noodles.
- Cheese mixture
- Shredded cheese
- Cheese mixture.
- Shredded Cheese.
- Arrange peppers into Christmas Tree shape.
- Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes at 350 till bubbly.
- Remove foil last few minutes of baking to let cheese get brown.
Want another alternative recipe for a Christmas Dinner main course? Check out Dana’s Slow Cooker Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken! Yummy!
Want more Christmas Recipes? Here is more from our Christmas Series!
Don’t forget to check out our Thanksgiving Series for more recipes!!