This post is sponsored by Acorn and Pillsbury. All opinions are 100% my own.
Hey guys!! The holidays are here! Yay! I love the holidays so much, the lights and decorations, the shopping and gifting, the smells and music and most of all the baking and treats.
There is nothing I love more than to heat up the oven, pull out my mixer and make holiday treats on a cold winter day.
As much as I love baking I love taking short cuts even more! Pillsbury has always been my best friend in the kitchen and I love using their delicious products to create some scrumptious desserts and sweet treats for the holidays and all year round.
Today I am going to show you how to use two different Pillsbury products to create two different sweet treats perfect for the holidays!
First we will make Peppermint Cream Sugar Cookie Cups using Pillsbury’s always perfect sugar cookie dough.
I love using their sugar cookie dough for these cups because it makes the recipe so easy and yummy!
Check out the tutorial below to see how I transform sugar cookie dough into these amazing holiday cookie cups!
- Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz block softened cream cheese
- Large package vanilla pudding (5.1 oz)
- 1 teapsoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups milk
- Crushed peppermints for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin (24 count)
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Place one dough ball in each muffin cup.
- Spread the dough up the sides to form a cup.
- Bake until lightly browned 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and while still how use a spoon or little shot glass to press down the middle of the cookie cups, reforming the cup shape.
- Let cool.
- In a mixer mix together the cream cheese, sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix the pudding mix and 2 cups of milk and peppermint extract.
- Whip together the cream cheese mixture and the pudding mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling into a ziploc bag. Cut off tip.
- Fill cups with filling, sprinkle with crushed peppermint and serve!!
I love taking these to holiday parties they are always such a hit!
Next up I will show you a fabulous breakfast item you can make with those famous Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.
Fruitcake and Christmas go hand in hand but fruit cake often gets a bad rap. I decided to bring that fruit cake flavor to something everyone already loves, cinnamon rolls!!
I just roll up fruit cake fruit in the middle of the cinnamon rolls and then bake!
Once out of the oven I top them with icing, more fruit and some crunchy pecans!
Believe me no one will be turning down these Fruit Cake Cinnamon Rolls!
They are a perfect addition to your Christmas breakfast table!
Check out this easy tutorial on how I make these yummy rolls!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup fruit cake fruit (may no use all)
- ¼ cup pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x10 baking dish.
- Gently unroll a cinnamon roll and sprinkle some fruit inside
- Roll it back up and place in pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cooked through
- While warm top with icing, more fruit and pecans.
So this holiday season take a little help in the kitchen from Pillsbury and get out of the kitchen fast and back to all the holiday festivities with some amazing sweets in no time!