Week three of our Thanksgiving Series and this week Dana and I are bringing you two side dish recipes! One from me and one from Dana!
We always have green beans at Thanksgiving and then there is a spot open to slip in another veggie, sometimes it’s butter beans or a broccoli casserole but this year we are having this amazing Classic Corn Casserole!
I have seen it floating around in some of my older cook books and I decided to give it a test run the other night and holy cow it is the best thing ever! I literally could not stop picking at it while dinner was cooking, then I had it with dinner, I picked on it while cleaning dinner up and I had it the next day for lunch.
It is such a simple recipe but the taste and texture is phenomenal and will have you coming back for just one more bite. Even the smell while it is baking is enough to make you drool.
I know I will have to double this recipe for Thanksgiving and even then I am pretty sure the pans will be scraped clean.
This dish is perfect warm or room temperature which makes it perfect for Thanksgiving because it requires no re-heating so can be made earlier in the day.
I promise you this Classic Corn Casserole will be a hit at your dinner table this holiday season!
- 2 Boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 8oz block of cream cheese softened
- Stick of butter
- Can of Cream Corn
- Can of Regular Corn (not drained)
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Whisk together till most of the lumps are gone.
- Add in the 2 boxes of cornbread mix.
- Stir in the 2 cans of corn un-drained.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Place into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes until golden.
Want more side dish ideas?
Get more Thanksgiving Recipes below!