“Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.”
Hey y’all!! It is football season!! Time for all the big game parties! While I am not a fan of football I am a fan of football parties because game parties have the BEST food!
So while I may not be rooting for one team or the other I am definitely up for hosting get togethers to watch the game.
As much as I love the food and the party I always want to get in and out of the kitchen as fast as possible so I can enjoy being with my friends (and of course eating lol)
I love any food that has a mexican flair and today I am going to be showing you two of my favorite game day recipes that are perfect for your football snack table or taking to your friend’s potluck football party. Both of these recipes are super easy but full of flavor thanks to Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Rosarita Refried Beans. I always keep my pantry stocked with these and pick them up right at Walmart when I do my weekly shopping.
I always keep a supply of Ro*Tel Tomatoes on hand because they are the perfect way to spice up any recipe and of course they are the main ingredient in everyone’s favorite cheesy dip (also perfect for football parties).
When I am hosting or going to football party I always like to serve some small subs or wraps and I feel they always need a little side to go along with.
That is where these easy potatoes come in. They take just minutes to prepare, transport beautifully and are super delicious! They are cheesy and pack a pop of spicy flavor from the Ro*Tel.
- 2 bags refrigerated precooked potatoes and onions
- 1 small block velvetta cheese (16 oz)
- 1 can Ro*Tel Tomatoes
- Cheese and scallions for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 with non-stick spray
- In a small saucepan melt the velvetta and Ro*Tel together
- Gently mix the potatoes and cheese mixture together and place in pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly
- While hot sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired
- Top with scallions and serve
These potatoes are amazing and they also make a fabulous side dish for Taco Tuesday!
This next recipe is my all time favorite party food! Oh and they only take 3 ingredients!!! My Bean and Cheese Egg Rolls are the perfect grab and go snack for football parties.
The base is delicious Rosarita Refried Beans which I always keep on hand to make dips, pile into tacos, top nachos, anything! I then add a little cheese and everything gets rolled into egg roll wrappers.
A few minutes in the oven and you have crispy bite sized Bean & Cheese Egg Rolls. Just serve some salsa or sour cream for dipping and you will score some big points!
- 1 can Rosarita Refried Beans
- 1½ cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepperjack, colby jack, any kid you like)
- Wonton wrappers
- Spray oil
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a cookie sheet with spray oil
- In the middle of each wrapper place a spoonful of beans and a little cheese
- Roll up the wrappers making sure the ends are tucked in
- Place seam side down on sheet
- Spray with spray oil and top with a sprinkle of kosher salt
- Bake 15-20 minutes till crispy
Want to be a big winner this football season? You can enter this amazing contest below!
Win the crowd on gameday this football bowl season with delicious recipes made with the authentic flavors of Ro*Tel and Rosarita. Vote on fan favorite recipes HERE for your chance to win a Game Day Party Pack:
- a flat screen tv
- a slow cooker
- gift card for pro football gear
- $50 Walmart gift card.
You can enter once each day and share your favorite recipes to your social channels.
So this football season stock up on Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Rosarita Refried Beans and you will be minutes away from some amazing football snacks!