Hey yall!! It’s that time of the week again, my favorite!! Dana and I are smack in the middle of our Frozen Treats series and man is it a tasty one! Last week I made this amazing Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich Cake and while I was putting it together I began to think of all the other flavors I could make this cake and my eyes wandered to the package of Golden Oreos on the counter and I thought how good they would be with plain vanilla ice cream sandwiches. But of course it would need a sauce or topping and what better than some strawberries. Like a Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich Golden Oreo Explosion. That was too long of a name though lol.
So I rushed out to buy the ingredients to start on this cake. I mean no one is really going to complain that I made the same kind of delicious cake twice in one week lol.
This one is amazing!! The sweet strawberries go perfectly with the cool whip, the Golden Oreos soften and the ice cream sandwiches just get along nicely with everyone.
I already have at least 5 more flavor combinations of this amazing cake spinning around in my head (can’t wait to make them!!) and since they take minutes to make and are no bake there is no reason not make them all the time!
So next time you need to whip a quick and amazingly delicious dessert look no further than your freezer and you can pull this together in minutes and it is such a crowd pleaser, I barely get to grab a bite before everyone demolishes it!
- About 20 vanilla ice cream sandwiches unwrapped
- 2 tubs of Cool-whip (standard 8 oz size) or one large tub of Cool-whip (16 oz size)
- 2 cups of strawberries
- Strawberry Jam or strawberry sundae topping
- Golden Oreos
- Wash and slice the berries.
- In a 9x13 pyrex dish place as many ice cream sandwiches as you can in a row, then place 2 and half across the top.
- Smother the ice cream sandwiches in strawberry sauce (as much or little as you like)
- Top the sauce with a layer of Golden Oreos then to with a tub of Cool-whip.
- Repeat the layers finishing the top with strawberries.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours so everything can get happy with each other.
- Let sit out 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and watch it disappear in minutes.
Don’t forget to head to Dana’s and check out her Smoreo Ice Cream Sandwiches Yum!!
Want more frozen deliciousness? Check out the rest of the series here —->
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!