The holidays are almost here!!! I cannot wait! I am all about making treats for the holidays, fudge, candies, cookies, pops you name it. Come Christmas Eve I like to take my giant Christmas platter and fill it up with goodies. We eat on it all Christmas Eve and there is plenty leftover the next day to snack on while opening presents.
I make this fudge every year and it is a family favorite. Creamy white chocolate fudge is studded with fruity gumdrops which makes for one amazing combination.
This fudge reminds me of the Brach’s Nougat candies that looked similar. My grandma and I loved those candies! Sadly they are getting harder and harder to come by. Thankfully this fudge is very reminiscent of that candy so needless to say my grandma (Moggie) and I devour this fudge.
Packaged in cute little mason jars and a bow or a holiday tin this Goody Gumdrops Fudge makes a perfect little gift for the holidays.
Oh I forgot to mention the best part….. 3 Ingredients!! How awesome is that! Oh Oh and you can make it in the microwave! Best fudge ever!!
You can use traditional gumdrops or spiced gumdrops but I prefer to use Dots Candy. They are basically gumdrops without the sugar coating which makes them perfect to use in this recipe. Chopping them up isn’t the easiest thing in the world but since the recipe comes together in minutes it’s not that big of a deal.
You just pop a bag of white chocolate chips and a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk in a bowl, microwave till melted and add in the gumdrops! It is that simple and the results are amazing. It is like no fudge you have ever had and the colors make it so festive no one can resist picking a piece up every time they walk past it.
So give it try this year for your holiday celebrations, you will love it!!
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped gumdrops (I used Dots Candy)
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; set aside. In a microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips, milk and salt and microwave in 30 seconds intervals until melted. Stir in vanilla and gumdrops.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from the pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.