Hey guys!!! I know I know I am super late posting this series this week but I have been busy packing, moving, unpacking and dealing with shoddy internet. So here goes!!
Welcome to our Halloween Series!! Dana and I will be bringing you super spooky spectacular Halloween Series. We love Halloween around and I especially love it. I love all the decorations and walking around the neighborhood on that crisp evening with all the costumed children and hearing “Trick or Treat” ring through the streets. I love it!! Plus I am a candy junky so Halloween is a dream holiday!!!
To kick off this Halloween series I am bringing you my super easy Halloween Rice Crispy Cake. This could not be a simpler dessert. You just take your rice crispy treat mixture and mash it into a bundt pan, then when the treats set up you remove it from the pan and decorate it with any Halloween sprinkles and chocolate you like.
You can make this easy Halloween treat with the kids and get them helping in the kitchen. It is the perfect dessert to entertain with and lets face it everyone loves rice crispy treats!
- 6 cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 3 T butter or margarine
- ½ pound orange candy melts
- ½ pound black candy melts
- Assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until all melted and combined.
- Immediately add the cereal to the marshmallow mixture.
- Grease a bundt pan and add in the rice crispy mixture and pack down into the pan evenly.
- Let cool completely and stiffen up.
- Remove from pan onto a plate.
- Melt the 2 chocolates in separate bowls in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolates over the cake and immediately sprinkle with the colored sprinkles.
- Let chocolate harden and serve!
You can head on over to Dana’s and see her Pop-Tart Ghost Pops, yum!!!