Brrrr!!! It is cold outside!!! This is my favorite time of year! The air is cold and snowy, the type of weather that just begs for you pull out the quilts and snuggle on the sofa. It is perfection!
Of course the best part of these cold days is all the yummy ways to warm up! And what is everyone’s favorite delicious way to warm up those winter days? Hot Chocolate!! Today I am going to show you the easiest way to make a hot, rich mug of hot chocolate and a super easy warm chocolaty dessert to go with it!
I love making my hot chocolate with TruMoo Chocolate Milk, it makes the perfect steamy mug of hot chocolate in minutes. It is so creamy and chocolaty and much better than anything out of a packet.
TruMoo’s nutritious and delicious chocolate taste is the perfect warm drink and it is also the secret to my Hot Chocolate Bread Pudding which I am going to show you how to make today.
One of the things I love most about TruMoo is not only does it taste great and warm your kids up on those chilly days but it helps get them the nutrition they need!
Now onto this yummy recipe! My grandma makes a wonderful bread pudding that I love and it is always such a warm comforting treat in the winter. I figured I would take my 2 favorite winter sweets and mix them together in this delicious Hot Chocolate Bread Pudding.
This bread pudding couldn’t be easier or more scrumptious! All you need is some cubed bread, eggs, a little sugar and vanilla, marshmallows, chocolate chips and of course rich TruMoo Chocolate Milk.
First you just mix the milk and eggs, sugar and vanilla to create your custard.
Then soak your bread cubes in it.
Next layer the soaked bread, chocolate chips and marshmallows in your buttered dish.
Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes and voila you have a warm, comforting hot chocolate dessert!
How yummy does that look??
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 8 oz french bread or any bread you have on hand chopped into large pieces
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and then add TruMoo Chocolate Milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt, and whisk well.
- Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces place in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture slowly over the bread making sure each piece gets soaked.
- Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and soak for 30 minutes.
- Spoon half the mixture in an 8" x 8" or 2 quart buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Pour the rest of the bread mixture in the pan and sprinkle with more marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until set. Serve warm.
The only way this bread pudding could get any better is to serve it with a mug of hot TruMoo Chocolate Milk!
Have you tried TruMoo hot? You have to try it! It is all that fabulous goodness of TruMoo but warmed up into a luscious wintery treat. It will be the best hot chocolate you have ever had! And it is so easy to make!!
So this winter grab your family, a mug, pour in TruMoo Chocolate and warm it up or use to bake up my comforting Hot Chocolate Bread Pudding. You will be warm and cozy in no time!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.