So everyone loves lettuce wraps, they are all over Pinterest and the family asked me to make some. Sure that is easy enough right? Wroooong, everyone is picky, can’t be ground turkey or chicken, they wanted beef, and no veggies in the meat mixture. Okay……… so I whipped these up after some thinking and they turned out great!!!! Best thing about this recipe is you can substitute ground chicken or ground turkey and you can add any veggies you like. So this is basically a starting point recipe or a base recipe. You can totally make these your own with you own mix of veggies and meat, I made a little list of some of the meats/veggies you can use. I added white rice to my mixture but brown rice or rice noodles would work perfectly too.
The best part about the dish was how fast it came together!! This meal was soo easy and quick to prepare and it was light but filling and I think will make just a perfect summer dinner. So try these Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps and let me know what combo your family loved best!!!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or any meat from above list)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup brown sugar (I like it sweet so I usually do closer to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low-sodium and La Choy brand is the tastiest)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced or dried or even omitted
- Dash of red pepper flake or sriracha if you want a little spice
- One bunch green onions/scallions chopped
- Veggies, any combo, any quantity
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice or noodles
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, seperated, washed, dried
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic, green onions and any vegetables you choose.
- Drain the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors and thicken.
- Add in the rice or noodles.
- Serve in the lettuce leaf cups.
linked at : orgjunkie