Hope you all had a Happy Easter!! I also hope you all aren’t too tired of lemon desserts!
I know I have posted a loooot of lemon desserts lately but really is there any better way to embrace spring than with some bright lemony desserts?
This week for the dessert series I am sharing this recipe for Lemon Brownies I found over at Budding Baketress! These Lemon Brownies are absolutely divine. I have eaten most of a pan by myself and then I made them again for Easter and had to send the leftover to work with the hubs for fear I would devour them all.
They are amazing, so simple to make, such a tangy lemon flavor, the perfect yellow color and they texture is absolutely perfect, almost dense and fudge like a regular brownie, positively addicting.
I swear these are my new favorite dessert and since you can pretty much make them with your eyes closed they are dangerous!!
So see for yourself how incredibly delicious these Lemon Brownies are, promise me you will make them!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Zest and juice two small lemons.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- When brownies are cooled completely, make the glaze by whisking together all three ingredients. Spread over the brownies cut into bars, and try not to eat the whole thing! (I wont tell if you do ;)
Don’t forget to head over to Dana’s and check out her Smores Poke Cake. Yum!!!
Want more Spring Desserts? Check out the rest of the series here —>
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!