It almost Christmas!!!!!! I love it!!! I’m super excited!!! Can’t you tell by my overuse of exclamation points!!!! Not sure if it’s Christmas cheer that has me so pumped or this Mello Yello I’m drinking in attempt to say awake……anywho…
I love the holidays and I love cooking for the holidays. One of my favorite things to make is a HUGE platter of different treats to take to my grandparent’s house on Christmas Eve. We snack on it then and then I leave it there for the next day when we go back and that big platter of goodies is just waiting for us to settle into some gift opening.
I like to make a good assortment of treats which includes my Peppermint Oreo Truffles and my Goody Gumdrops Fudge. This year I also wanted to include these simple but delicious Marshmallow Cherry Kisses.
They are a cinch to make and everyone loves them, plus how adorable do they look? Kids can help make this one, they can dunk them into whatever sprinkles they like, or you can even bust out colored chocolate for drizzling.
You just melt some chocolate for dipping, dip the marshmallows, shake off the excess, dunk in sprinkles and place on wax paper. Then dunk a rinsed and dried cherry with it’s stem in a little of the chocolate and place it on top. Let them harden and there you have it! These would be great dunked in some crushed peppermint and then put in a steamy mug of hot cocoa.
So get that fluffy bag of marshmallows and grab those sprinkles and make your own batch of Marshmallow Cherry Kisses! By the way these are a huuuge hit at parties, I never have leftovers!
- 1 bag regular size marshmallows
- 1 pound melting chocolate, almond bark or chocolate chips
- Maraschino cherries with stems intact
- Drain, rinse and pat dry your cherries.
- Microwave your chocolate in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Pour sprinkles into a shallow dish such as a ramekin.
- Dip marshmallows one at a time into the chocolate, shaking off the excess chocolate before placing in the dish of sprinkles.
- Gently remove marshmallow from sprinkles using a spoon and place onto wax paper to dry.
- Dip a cherry halfway into the chocolate and place one on top of each marshmallow.
- Let cherry dry.
Don’t forget to check out these other sweet treats to complete your holiday dessert platter!