Hey!! Oh my goodness it is super hot here! I can’t stand the heat, give me the winter and cozy quilts over sweltering heat any day. Last week it was just unbearably hot and the ac went out, of course. So the thought of turning on the the oven was just unfathomable. So quick and light dinners it was but I still was craving something sweet and chocolaty. I remembered seeing these No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars recipe from Betty Crocker and off I went to make them.
These took minutes to make and I melted my chocolate in the microwave instead of turning on the stove so these were perfect for my super hot day.
The bottom layer is a crunchy cookie layer, made with Oreos and melted mint chocolate chip pieces (I used Andes mint chips).
The second layer is a creamy, dreamy mint layer.
Then finally the top is a chocolate topping made with the rest of the mint chips and melted butter, making a smooth chocolate shell.
These bars are heaven on a hot day. They are cool, and refreshing with all that mint flavor and they were the perfect thing to cool me off and satisfy my chocolate craving.
Put away your oven mitts for this one ladies and make these No Bake Mint Chocolate Bars today!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) mint-flavored semisweet chocolate chips (1⅔ cups)
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 drop green food color
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- Lightly grease 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, melt ½ cup butter and ¼ cup of the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cookie crumbs until well mixed; press evenly in pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat ¼ cup butter, the milk, peppermint extract, vanilla and food color with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. On low speed, gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread peppermint mixture evenly over crumb mixture. In 1-quart saucepan, melt remaining chocolate chips and ⅓ cup butter over low heat, stirring constantly; spread evenly over peppermint mixture. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, 10 to 15 minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!