It’s that time of the week again!! Time for the Christmas Series!! This week is the grand finale..DESSERT! Everything about the holidays just screams peppermint which just pairs perfectly with chocolate and these Peppermint Oreo Truffles are the perfect holiday dessert. They travel great to a dinner party or make a spectacular show stopper at your holiday table.
These truffles are the perfect little after dinner bite, just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth after those big holiday dinners.
The best part about this dessert is it can be made in no time, no baking required and you can make them in advance, at least 3 days in advance if kept in the refrigerator.
You can also get completely creative with these and decorate them with any sprinkles you like or some red and green drizzles.
Oh and they make an adorable gift, all nestled in tiny cupcakes papers and packed in a tin, who wouldn’t be happy to get these as a present?
So take a break this holiday season and stock your fridge with these perfect little truffles and be ready for any guest or last minute gifts you need.
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 block white almond bark
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Put all the cookies in the food processor and blend the crushed.
- Add in the cream cheese and peppermint extract and blend till smooth.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze in freezer for 1 hour to overnight
- In the microwave melt the almond bark in 30 second intervals until all melted.
- Dip the truffles into the almond bark and place on wax paper and quickly sprinkle on the sprinkles before the bark hardens.
- Store in refrigerator.
Looking for another amazing dessert recipe? Check out Dana’s Nutella Mint Stuffed Crescent Rolls. Yummy!!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our Christmas Series for tons of ideas for all your holiday dinners.
Don’t forget to check out our Thanksgiving Series for more recipes!!