So I don’t know about you guys but I love cake batter and I love Funfetti cupcakes. There is just something about cake batter that puts everyone in a better mood. Maybe it is memories of sitting on your kitchen counter helping your mom bake and hoping to get a lick or two of the beaters. Speaking of childhood memories when I was a kid when your birthday rolled around and you were asked what flavor cake you wanted Funfetti was always the answer. I put those two childhood flavors together to come up with the most amazing cupcakes!
The cupcake is so light and speckled with the bright colors of the sprinkles and the buttercream is full of cake batter flavor without a salmonella scare lol so no worries there!
These cupcakes are gorgeous, easy to make and are sure to be a big hit whenever you make them. They make the perfect birthday cupcakes for kids or adults.
Now for authenticity I used Funfetti cake mix for my cupcakes but feel free to use your favorite white cake recipe and just add in about a half a cup of rainbow jimmies.
The buttercream is your standard luscious buttercream but with the addition of 3/4 cup of dry Funfetti cake mix. It provides an amazing cake batter flavor.
So pull out your apron, preheat the oven and get ready for some cake batter goodness!
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix, mixed to box directions.
- Cake Batter Butter-cream
- 4 sticks softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dry Funfetti cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare one box Funfetti cake mix according to box directions.
- In a cupcake pan lined with cupcake wrappers fill each one ⅔ of the way.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- In stand mixer add your butter and ¾ cup Funfetti cake mix and beat till blended.
- Add in the vanilla extract and 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Beat till smooth.
- If butter-cream is too thick you can add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Pipe butter-cream onto cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with extra sprinkles and serve!
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!