That time of the week again! Time to share with you another sweet treat in the Spring Dessert Series I do with Dana.
This week I decided to share with you these yummy Strawberry Pretzel Bars. This was my first time making these but I have seen them all over the internet and in magazines so I decided I had to give it a try.
I am a huge fan of jello, I swear I could live off of it alone so I was excited that this dessert used jello.
The first layer is a lightly salted pretzel crust.
I tested the bars out at a BBQ we had Saturday night and they were a hit, everybody loved them and we had no leftovers!! They were such a hit I am making them to take to Easter dinner at my grandparents this Sunday.
I really can’t wait to experiment with different flavor jello and fruit, I think I see a cherry one in my future!
So if you are looking for an easy dessert that is sure to please everyone give these Strawberry Pretzel Bars a try!
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- ⅔ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup thawed Whipped Topping
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MIX pretzel crumbs, ¼ cup sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.
- BEAT cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk with mixer until blended. Stir in COOL WHIP; spread over crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir in berries; spoon over cream cheese layer.
- REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm.
Don’t forget to head over to Dana’s and check out her No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Bites. Yum!
Want more desserts!? Check out the rest of our series here!
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!