Hi guys! A new week means new recipes from our Spring Dessert Series. Nothing says spring more than a bright lemon dessert. You get just that in these addicting little Lemon Curd Blossoms.
These tart little bites are perfect for any spring time get together or potluck. I know they will make a great addition to our Easter table this year.
They are to die for, so easy to make and the best part is you get leftover lemon curd (it is wonderful on anything or straight from the jar lol).
Making your own lemon curd is a snap with this recipe and it makes the perfect filling for these little cream cheese dough cups.
The dough is a simple cream cheese dough that makes delicious cups to hold all that lemony goodness.
You can also easily double the dough and make 48 cups because the curd certainly makes enough for 48.
So if you are looking for the perfect Spring Dessert for your next get together look no further than these Lemon Curd Blossoms.
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Lemon Curd Filling:
- 3 large lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the cups: Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Form the pastry into 24 small balls; press with fingers into the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- For the Filling: Place the zest and sugar in a food processor and process until combined. Add the lemon juice and eggs and process until smooth. Slowly add the butter to the mixture, pulsing as you go.
- Place the mixture in the top of a double boiler and cook over simmering water for about 5-15 minutes, until thick and sugar has dissolved.
- Remove cups from muffin tins, spoon lemon curd in the center and serve.
Head on over to Dana’s and check out her Key Lime Pie!
Want more dessert yumminess? Check out the rest of the series.
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!